Making our own accessories will surely add a pride when we are using it. Among all tutorials of making jewelry out there, here is a tutorial of making a unique ring that is made in a form of snake. This ring is not difficult to make as the materials needed are only copper wire, citric acid, and gas burner. However, you may need to invest around 3 hours to make. But don’t worry, it is worth the time!
Making the Base
- Cutting thicket wire (diameter around 1.3mm)
- Leave some centimeters free from one of the wire’s ends and then cut about 2/3 of the wire thickness using needle fire or graver. Bend the wire and then solder the wire’s tip.
- Bend the wire edges with pliers and then solder the joint.
- Sharpen the wire’s tip using needle file or graver and sand it.
- Make the form of the ring by wrapping the wire around a cylindrical object.
- Bend the wire ends to form waves with pliers.
- Sharpen the wire’s tip using needle file.
- Sand the tip carefully and take your pliers to wrap the spiral.
- Hit the wire’s tip using a small hammer and then remove all the uneven surface by sanding it.
Making the Muzzle
- Choose a stone bead and then insert it into the snake’s head. Wire the bead into the base.
- Add another two copper beads to make the snake’s eyes.
- Make a small cut of the wire and make it blank. It is for covering the eyes and the beads.
- Solder and sand the wire cut
- Tape the wire cut to the head.
- Slightly bend the backwards as shown in the picture.
- Grab other small beads and add them one by one to the edges. Then, decorate it using winding wire.
Wrapping the Ring’s Base
- Take the second piece of the wire, the one with the diameter of 0,8mm. Then, sharpen the wire’s edge, sand it, and twist the wire to make a spiral as shown in the picture below.
- Pass the ball under the wire’s tip, the one which becomes the head’s upper element. Then, wind the ball to the base.
- Grab a long piece of wire (diameter of 0.3 mm) and start twisting both wires with the 2×3 winding.
- Continue working with the wire around the snake’s entire length.
- Reach the tail’s tip, cut the excess off, sharpen it, and place the tail inside the big spiral.
- Polish the ring using citric acid.
- Clean the ring using dishwashing detergent and patinate it.
- Enjoy your hard work!