The shimmering gems and valuable stones have been used widely to make any faux gemstone jewelry. Instead of making another handmade pendant necklace, it is the time to make these amazing faux labradorite drop earrings. One advantage of making these earrings is that you can wear them in two different ways. You can remove the chain which is inserted onto the earrings easily and only wear the small faux labradorite studs on both ears.
Step 1. Materials
Before making the project, it is better for you to collect all supplies. Here is what you need to find:
- Strong glue
- Earring posts
- Four jump rings
- White and black polymer clay
- Small link chain sized 5cm
- Gold copper wire sized 1.5mm
Step 2: Make the earring droplet
- Take the wire and bend it circling any cylinder object in order to build a round drop form. Then, after the round drop is formed, cut the overload wire using the wire cutter.
- Mix the white and black polymer clay into the bowl. Keep mixing the polymer clay until you get a grey marble. After you get the grey color of marble, break small parts of the black clay and move the grey marble into it.
- Divide the mixture of the clay into two parts and insert each marble part into each earring droplet.
- Take the craft knife and use it to cut and slice the marble until you obtain some geometrical shape.
Step 3. Make the earring stud
After the droplets are ready, it is now time to make the studs. Collect all the remaining polymer clay and twirl the clay into a small ball. Then, divide this ball into two parts using the knife.
Step 4. After the droplets and the studs are ready, put them all into the baking sheet and bake them inside the oven. Set the oven temperature at medium heat. Bake the droplets and the studs for half an hour. After half an hour, take the droplets and studs from the oven and let them cool down.
Step 5. Then, after the studs are cooled down, apply some glue on the studs and attach them into the earring posts. Leave them to dry overnight.
Step 6. For the chain, divide the chain into two equal parts and insert one jump ring into every chain end. You will have four jump rings later on. Then, insert one jump ring into the earring droplets and the other end side into the earring post.